Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Homeward Bound

We decided to drive home from Alaska.  We wanted to take a cruise down to Seattle, then fly home but they wouldn't let me on the boat if I was more then 24-26 weeks pregnant. :(  Our next plan was to rent a car, but one of our friends Kade was driving home alone so we went with him, and caravanned with Josh and Mekenzie.  It took us about four days to get home.  We did stop a little bit, but we never actually slept in a hotel.  I thought that I would be miserable being pregnant and all but I wasn't.  I enjoyed seeing all the scenery.  We passed through the Yukon, British Colombia, and Alberta Canada.  It was my first time in Canada.  

We rode the fairy to Wakefield then to Homer.  Kade's car got damaged on the fairy.  We had to wait for a while so they could get things straitened out. 

Josh and Kade putting a puzzle together on the over night fairy ride.  I helped a little bit.  Lloyd was amazing at it!  It was a Buddhist puzzle.  We pretty much learned all about their religion by putting it together.  This time on the fairy we were really crammed in.  The fog was so thick flights were canceled.  (very common) so everyone was on the Fairy trying to get to Anchorage to fly out.  All the rooms were booked.  We had no sleeping supplies.  Lloyd and I slept on a bench together... to give you an idea it was skinnier than a single mattress... my pregnant belly stuck out over the edge.  There were also a lot of high school students from the track team surround us sleeping on the floor or where ever they could find a space.  They run track in the summer even though they are out of school. It's to cold in the winter :)  

One of the stops in Canada.  The gas stations there were like stepping back 20 years in time.  You would pump your gas and then pay.  There were times that we had to fill up every gas station for fear of running out of gas.  The stretches between stations were so long!  One time we stopped at a place to top off the tank.  It only ended up being six dollars.  The guy said don't pay with a credit card I will loose money.  Luckily they took american money, and then would give you Canadian change... ha ha We also got our credit cards turned off because they thought someone had stolen them.  Lloyd made a quick call and told them we were in Canada.  Everything was fine after that.


This place was the highlight of our drive!  We stopped in Edmonton Canada at the biggest mall I have ever heard of.  They had a water park, an ice skating ring, a huge aquarium, a hotel, not to mention all the shops.


This place was more intense than 7 peaks.  There were slides everywhere!

The wave pool was a little scary.  The waves were huge.  I almost got taken over.  I discovered there that I have no ab muscles, and that I cannot swim pregnant.  Lloyd got me a tube so I could enjoy it. 



All the slides had this sign in front of them.  I felt like a short kid at a theme park.  I wasn't able to go on any of the slides.  I still had fun taking pictures of everyone and riding the wave pool on my tube. 


We finally made it to Utah!  We stopped at my grandmas.  I thought she knew we were coming... we got there and no one was home.  I didn't want to scare her so Lloyd waited outside until she came home.  I fell asleep inside.  My grandma drove up with Aunt Vickie and said there is a man with luggage on your front lawn... ha ha surprise! We were there to stay for a few days, until my mom could come get us.  She didn't mind.  She loves company. 


My cousin Terry is going to school in Logan so she drove to Lewiston the visit us.  We were craving Cafe Rio!  We hadn't had it all summer.  She brought us some!  We then went for a walk down the street to my grandpas old barn to take some pictures.  


Lloyd saw these little midget goats.  Some of them only had one horn.  Weird!







1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun road trip! Hooray that you got to go to Canada . . . wish we could have been with you! You look so cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete