Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1st time to LAKE POWELL


Lloyd and I had never been to Lake Powell until this year.  We went to in August, 2009 with Lloyds good friends Mike and Dave and their wives Sammie and Heather.  They also brought the kidos Haley and Mackayla and Drew.  (I'm probably spelling their names wrong) We drove down in an RV and towed the boat behind. We really enjoyed ourselves!  

...Lloyd enjoying the sun...

...Me doing the same...


...The result of enjoying the sun... (ouch) We all used so much sunscreen we still got burned!


Mackayla, Drew, Heather, and Lloyd...


Me learning to wake board.  I have been wake boarding before on a boat with no tower.  I got up my second or third try, but I didn't stay up very long.  This time the boat had a tower and it was much easier to stay up.  I learned some tricks and executed them nicely.  ha ha bunny hops and the butter slide.  I am sure those aren't the right terms, but I obviously don't remember them at the moment :)


Lloyd showing off his mad skills.  Lloyd was fun to watch, he was pretty good.  Mike taught us all how to do tricks.  Mike was a PRO he did flips and all kinds of crazy things.  Once everyone learned they were all competing to see who could clear the wake.  that was a little to ambitious for me, but Heather, Dave and Lloyd were all trying it.  It was cake for Mike.  


This EVIL goose attacked the children... As we would dock each day there were ducks and geese that came right up to the boat.  At first we thought that it was cute.  We fed the them and everything.  The kids started to throw sunflower seeds to them, seconds later what seemed like slow motion this nasty goose reached up and bit a chunk off Drew's forehead.  Poor kid is going to have nightmares he was only one.  It left a large welt.  The next day we didn't feed them, but Haley was standing to close to the side of the boat and the same nasty goose snatched a piece of her cheek.  I am against animal cruelty, but this goose needed a beating!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sissy! LOVE the blog~! It's been fun to see pics from some of your adventures. Keep them coming! Hooray! Love you! (You look like a wakeboarding PRO to me).

    ReplyDelete