Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oahu in JULY

We went SKY DIVING!!! They give you a crash course on what to do before you even get on the plane to jump.  I could not understand the guy giving us instructions because his accent was so thick.  I am the type that can just watch someone and then catch on... in this case I was a little concerned because it could end up in death!!! ha ha  A little later right before boarding the plane they gave me Jo.  He was my jumping partner.  He showed me a few things.  I felt a little better after that.  (He also had an accent.)  He said he was from south Africa.  

Lloyd and I before Jumping.

Lloyd jumped before I did.  

I was the third one out of the plane.  First Mike then Lloyd... We kept scooting closer and closer to the front.. The door was open.  PANIC it was my turn!!! we were at the door.  Jo gave me no time to think!! He jumped backwards right when we got to the door.  We did a back flip!!! We free fell for over a minute!!!!  It was awesome.  our cheeks were flapping in the wind. ha ha.  Jo did all kinds of tricks... I was strapped to him so naturally I did them to.  He had skills.  It was so much fun!  we grabbed onto my camera guy and made sure to get a good close up shot on my arm and face flapping in the wind... ha ha ha seriously so funny.  the video it to long to put on here.  sorry.  

Such an awesome experience.  When we pulled our parachutes it was like parasailing. we saw almost the whole Island. we did spins and twirls.  Jo let me guide us for a min.  I was impressed that he got us to our mark.  I never though we would make it.  As we got closer to the ground he had me lift my legs up parallel with the ground and then he pulled down on the cords and we stopped as I set my legs on the ground.   
I think most everyone had a good time.  Lloyds guide was pretty good.  Our friend Mikes guy kept saying the "F" word the whole way down.  That would be comforting.  ha ha.  they landed just fine.  
Sky Diving felt a lot like flying.  I loved every minute of it! 


We then went to eat at Haleiwa Eats.  The food was amazing!!! The best Thai food that I have ever eaten!
Haleiwa was one of my favorite places on Oahu!  It was a cute small little town.  It was very Quaint.

Our food. Yum!! My mouth is watering just looking at this!!


Just after we ate we went to the famous Matsumoto Snow Cone place.  $4 for a snow cone.  They put ice cream on the bottom, then the ice, then the flavors you want, then on the very top they put sweet and condensed milk.  It was different than anything I have ever tasted.  It was good.  People wait in line for like a half hour to get one. There is always a line outside Matsumoto... There are more snow cone places just down the street, but there were not lines there.  It had to be a Matsumoto Snow Cone :)  Us tourists are so funny.  




Lloyd and I at one of the beaches.  I want to say Kailua  Beach.


Jacey First time in the sand.  She loved ever min. of it!  She even ate some.  


One of my favorite pictures of Jacey and Lloyd.  I coordinated their outfits on purpose.  Ha ha I am always thinking in pictures mode.  ha ha no seriously.



Nu'uanu Pali lookout.  You can see a lot of the island from here.  It is always windy there.  


Lloyds first Fathers Day.  He woke up to presents.  Jacey and I made him a Journal of all the reason why we love him.  We are still constantly filling it.  He got a shirt for Jacey to ware that said I love my dad and a few shirts.  In the afternoon we went Waikiki to the beach and then walked around the shops.  There was a random man standing on the street holding these beautiful Macaws.  We just had to hold them.  Mike and Sammie and the girls also held them.  The birds were so well trained.  it was amazing!  It just stayed there in my hand like that.    


Puka Dog!!! They need to bring this to the states!!! Sooooo good!  They are hot dogs but they cook the bread on rods so it is just bread with a hole toasted in the middle... then they put the hot dog inside and put in the sauces (with are also to die for)  What a good fathers day meal!! 





After Shopping we went home and got ready to go to Outback Steak House.  It was a fun filled day!  


We went to Pearl Harbor three different times.  We saw the Missouri one of the times.  Pretty neat experience.  It was a little emotional.  We saw an old lady crying one of the times we went.  She had left some flower lays on the fence as she was leaving.  War is such a sad thing.  I am grateful for all those whose have served or who are serving in the Military.  

The outside of the Missouri

View of the guns
The bullets and canisters full of gun powder.  If I remember right it took 9 canisters to make a bullets fly...  
Jacey and lloyd loving the tour...


Sleeping quarters.  They jammed them in like sardines!  Every free space available was jam packed with beds.  The soldiers could't even sit up in bed.    

The Arizona Memorial.

Jacey and her bitter beer face.  She just started doing this while we were in Hawaii.  She would get a huge smile on her face and then push her chest up while lowering her chin.  It was hilarious to watch she would just keep doing it.  I am sooo glad I caught a picture of her doing it.  


These are Jacey's 9 month pictures.  She is such a Joy in our lives.  


One of my favorite of her! I feel like the caption should read "Do these rolls make me look fat?"


Just and example of one of the roads in Hawaii.  Lloyd said that the next street would probably be the same but with one changed vowel at the end.  If you ask me that is pretty hard to navigate.  He is amazing!  They over use the vowels over there. ha ha  We had a fun time trying to pronounce everything.  Lloyd was awesome at it.  I struggle a but sometimes.  


Some of the pretty scenery on our way to the north shore.




Lloyd and some of the boys he managed playing Spike Ball.  I was kind of like volleyball but instead of a net there was a mini tramp in the middle 4 people played and you bump set spike.... if it land on the sand the other team gets a point or the ball just like volleyball.  They had so much fun playing.  That is Lloyd getting the ball in this shot.  


On one of our Favorite beaches Whiamaea Bay.  Yes I had a black eye in this picture.  

Jacey loving the sand!  


Lloyd and some of the boys playing ball on the beach.  They would get together once or twice a week to play.  this was Ewa Beach. 



The snails and Frogs were so big there.  I have never seen a frog like that.  I felt like a kid.  We went on a walk one night and I saw something hopping.  I thought it was a bunny.  I looked closer and it was a frog!! I couldn't believe it!  

In Hawaii the stop signs are blue.  ha ha no just on private property.  pretty weird. 


Lloyd and I got to see the ship from the Pirates of the Caribbean.  It was harbored outside the new disneyland resort there on oahu.    


For the 4th of July we went to Turtle Bay.  We got there a little late but we had fun.  






Alamoana Mall.  I am not sure on the spelling.  There are coy ponds everywhere.  This one was in the mall. I love fish!!


We caught a free hula show while we were there.


Lloyd and Mike at Nanakuli Beach. (SP?) 
The place with huge waves.  We loved going there on sundays around sunset.  Ha ha they look like they are trying to be free willy.   


No comments:

Post a Comment