Monday, December 14, 2009

Our Dating Adventures




Lloyd and I Went to Peru at the beginning of our dating.  This was the big test.  At first he wasn't going to bring me along but decided to at the last min.  This trip was a corner stone in our relationship.  We went in January of 2007.  The high light of the trip was Machu Picchu of course, eating Guinea Pig and meeting members of the church in the small town of Aguas Calientes. ( hot water) 






We went to Havasupai Falls in May of 2007 with my roommate Katie Thornley and some of her friends from the Logan area.  Lloyd didn't want to commit to going on the trip because we had to book it three months in advance.  ha ha.  He was afraid we weren't going to last that long.  I had the faith and went ahead and booked the trip.  By the time we went we were in love :)  The highlight of this trip was us getting lost on a hike, we went so far we left the reservation and were almost to the colorado river... It was in Havasu when we started talking about getting married.





The Top of Utah Marathon has nothing on the San Francisco Marathon.  I had run The Top Of Utah marathon twice and loved it, but the san fran marathon killed me and made me retire.  I signed up to run the san francisco marathon, Lloyd said that he would help me train for it.  I ended up not training very hard ha ha or at all.  We got to the starting line and Lloyd surprised me and said that he was going to run it with me.  It was quite the bonding experience for us.  The race was full of dramatic hills.  My knees gave out so i had to walk the last 15 miles.  We didn't give up and Lloyd stuck by me the whole time.  Our time was like 6 hours or something.  (we were one of the last to reach the finish line. ha ha.  On that same trip we visited our good friends Brad and Tessy, they took us to see Alcatraz, Muir Woods Forest and all the Piers.  We had such a good time!






After the race we drove more than 12 hours to reach Yellow Stone for a family reunion.  We took a pit stop along the way, as we got out of the car neither of us could move.  It's not a good idea to run (or walk) 26.2 miles and then sit for 10... We waddled everywhere we went.  We hiked (waddled) to Fairy Falls with My parents and my aunt Lesa's family.  It was memorable for my parents because the hiked that same hike on their honeymoon.  We saw a lot of wild life.  There were buffalo, deer, and elk...





The Air Show in Vegas.  Nov. 2007


I have always been afraid of water.  I am the worst swimmer.  I decided to take a Scuba Diving class at SUU.  It was pretty scary, but I did it.  Lloyd was already certified and got to come with me on a few of my dives.


This was my last Senate Dinner.  I was the PVA Senator at SUU.  In 2007.  It was a lot of work.

Lloyd and I at the Harlem Globe Trotters at SUU


Seven Peaks June of 2008



No comments:

Post a Comment